Risk–based exposure to crashes is greater among cyclist at dawn and dusk. The list active lighting and rider visibility as one of the promising intervention geared towards reducing cyclist fatal crashes. With the latter endorsement, nothing fits the bill as the Ampulla Rechargeable Bike Tail Light– Remote Control.
In spite of the fact that bicycle riding accounts for only 1% of road trips in the US, data from the indicate an over-representation of fatal bicyclist crash data. Nevertheless, cycling remains a desirable and inherently safe activity to keep fit.
Features At a Glance:
- Ultra-bright-boasting of 85 lumens LED lights, cyclist visibility is made possible up to the lengths of 150 feet. The icing on the cake is that the distance fairly remains feasible even during foggy and raining dark nights.
- Ground Laser Channel: to increase rider visibility and safety, the ground laser casts a virtual lane that widens towards the posterior. Consider this as keep your distance warning sign for incoming traffic.
- Remote Control: the bike tail light is controlled via six matte buttons that transmit wireless signals in six different modes. That is right and left turn light signal, distress call flashlight, and virtual ground light that can either be set to be solid or breaking flashes.
- With an IPX4 rating, you can ride without fear of a hardware malfunction of the tail light that could be caused by water splashes from either direction.
- Rechargeable battery: the remote and the rear light are rechargeable via USB- charger that is included in the Ampulla rechargeable bike tail light unit. Subject to usage mode, you are guaranteed almost 6 hours of service after a full charge session which takes about three and half hours.
- The light comes with bolts and nuts to fasten the Ampulla rechargeable bike tail light on the bike allaying fears of accidental drops or quick detachment.
Inside the Ampulla Rechargeable Bike Tail Light
Virtually the name tells it all that of which is included in the package other than the anchorage nuts. Subtly the rechargeable aspect alludes to the USB-charger cable that is provided free of charge.
What I love about the Ampulla rechargeable bike tail light it’s the turn left or light yellow lights that are augmented by the red light pulses. Making it conspicuously visible and cool.
The fact that I am called upon to recharge the tail light unit once in a week after one hour of use daily makes me rate highly the battery capacity of the tail unit. For the remote control, the battery capacitance is for sure more than a fortnight. I have had the device for 14 days and there are no signs of the remote slowing down. Peer reviews on the Ampulla bike tail light put the figure at 4 weeks of continuous use. I am yet to verify this claim.
Potential Deal Breakers
I am of the opinion that the dim ground laser alert that only comes to life in extreme pitch dark conditions it’s a dumper. But again, it shouldn’t be lost to you that the light serves to increase visibility when cyclist risk of being involved in a crash is greatest- at night.
Though basically a plug and play device, the user-manual needs some polishing for easy comprehension.